Business disputes are a fact of life for all businesses and can arise between competing businesses, between former business partners, or between companies and their current or former employees. The cost of reaching a desired outcome is a deciding factor in resolving every business dispute. Your attorney’s knowledge of the law, understanding of your business specifically, and assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of your case are also essential to helping you make a decision to litigate.
Real Estate Litigation
For real estate litigation, Viola Law Firm thoroughly prepares each case for trial, even though many cases will be negotiated and settled pre-trial. As a result of that and our more than 80 years combined experience representing clients in disputes in Northern California, we have achieved these recent successes:
- Successful motion in defense of a Silicon Valley S&P 500 company for summary judgment and settlement of the plaintiff’s wrongful termination claims
- Jury verdict exceeding $500,000 against broker for negligence in real estate transaction that cost the client his business
- Favorable mid-trial settlement of claims by homeowner against contractor who performed substandard work behind schedule
- Pretrial settlement of defamation and interference claims against local promotional business
- Favorable settlement of landlord/tenant dispute regarding habitability prior to filing of complaint
- Early resolution of trade secret and unfair competition claims against brokerage company
- Dismissal of Union Trust action against local small business for breach of collective bargaining agreement
- Resolution of breach-of-contract dispute between publicly-traded international equipment manufacturer and local municipality.