A client’s best interests are served through diligent preparation for trial. Only then can you expect a resolution that is advantageous to the client. “LAWRENCE S. VIOLA
Lawrence S. Viola has been practicing law in Northern California since 1987 and has been a Partner at Viola Law Firm since 1991. Lawrence’s civil litigation experience is diverse including representing business owners involved in corporate and partnership disputes and dissolutions and representing corporations in employment cases as well as numerous individuals seeking relief from their employers.
Representing many clients in Family Law disputes in public and private courts, Lawrence has successful results in cases involving complex property issues, custody disputes, and allegations of child abuse.
His clients also include homeowners involved in real estate and contractor disputes. He also has significant experience representing clients seeking relief for personal injuries, as well as heirs seeking recovery for the wrongful deaths of family members.
- In addition, Lawrence was named a Northern California Super Lawyer for the years 2009 through 2017 by “Super Lawyers” magazine. No more than 5% of lawyers in the State of California receive this recognition each year.
- Achieved jury verdict exceeding $500,000 in real estate case based on broker’s failure to competently advise client in commercial transaction
- Successful arbitration of complex, multi-million dollar business dispute including an award for payment of attorney fees incurred by the client
- Multi-million dollar settlement of personal injury case against multiple defendants including the employer of the defendant drunk driver
- Successful mediation of wrongful death cases stemming from Alaska Airlines crash
- Negotiation of largest settlement ever paid by the City of Palo Alto for premises liability
- Successful defense of alienated parent in Family Law case against false claims of physical and sexual abuse
California Western School of Law, J.D., 1986
Denison University, B.A. English and Philosophy, 1982
- Superior Courts of California
- Courts of Appeal of California
- California Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
Leadership, Membership & Honors
San Mateo County Bar AssociationAmerican Bar Association, Member
Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member