Robert J. Bruening
- Partner, 2013
- Partner, 2013
Robert J. Bruening has been practicing law in Northern California since 2002 and joined Viola Law Firm as a Partner in August 2013. Robert has represented clients in matters of marital dissolutions, property disputes, custody, visitation, support, and domestic violence prevention. He has focused on Family Law his entire career and is considered highly skilled in this area.
Robert has also achieved successful results for clients whose cases involved complex property issues and has handled custody disputes, some involving allegations of abuse. His Family Law experience includes cases in both public and private courts.
- Robert was included as a Northern California Super Lawyer for 2017-2018 by “Super Lawyers” magazine. No more than 5% of lawyers in the State of California receive this recognition each year.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
- J.D. - 2000
- University of California, Davis, California
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: History
- Successful defense of claims made against client’s separate property stock at trial
- Prevailed at trial against claim regarding allocation of significant debts in case involving community businesses
- Successfully invalidated premarital agreement executed by a client while under duress
- Successfully litigated numerous cases involving domestic violence, both in obtaining restraining orders on behalf of clients and defending clients accused of abuse
- Obtained substantial increase in client’s visitation time with child in case involving a request for a move-away order.
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member