While the system is well intended, it can all be avoided through compromise. When compromise is not an option, one must be prepared to advocate vigorously to obtain the desired result. ”
ROBERT J. BRUENING
Robert J. Bruening has been practicing law in Northern California since 2002 and joined Viola Law Firm as a Partner in August 2013. Robert has represented clients in matters of marital dissolutions, property disputes, custody, visitation, support, and domestic violence prevention. He has focused on Family Law his entire career and is considered highly skilled in this area.
Robert has also achieved successful results for clients whose cases involved complex property issues and has handled custody disputes, some involving allegations of abuse. His Family Law experience includes cases in both public and private courts.
- Robert was included as a Northern California Super Lawyer for 2016-2017 by “Super Lawyers” magazine. No more than 5% of lawyers in the State of California receive this recognition each year.
- Successful defense of claims made against client’s separate property stock at trial
- Prevailed at trial against claim regarding allocation of significant debts in case involving community businesses
- Successfully invalidated premarital agreement executed by a client while under duress
- Successfully litigated numerous cases involving domestic violence, both in obtaining restraining orders on behalf of clients and defending clients accused of abuse
- Obtained substantial increase in client’s visitation time with child in case involving a request for a move-away order.
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member
- Superior Courts of California
- Courts of Appeal of California
- California Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Creighton University, J.D., 2000
University of California, Davis, B.A. in History, 1996