Navigating through the legal system is a difficult task. With my experience, I strive to guide my clients through the legal landscape leading them to a successful result.”
LAUREN D. CIRLIN
Lauren D. Cirlin joined Viola Law Firm as an Associate Attorney in 2008. Lauren has practiced Family Law exclusively throughout her legal career, working on highly contested cases including those involving complex marital property issues and related business litigation. She has successfully helped clients resolve their child custody disputes in the courtroom through private judging, mediation, and settlement. Past clients have also sought Lauren’s counsel in child and spousal support issues, domestic violence prevention, and the establishment of paternity.
While attending law school at the University of San Francisco, she was instrumental in founding the USF Family Law Association. She served as co-president of the Association and was actively involved in organizing programs and sustaining membership. Under her leadership, the Family Law Association developed into an established campus organization and has continued to grow since.
- Lauren was selected by “Super Lawyers” magazine as a Northern California Rising Star for the years 2013 through 2016. Each year, fewer than 5% of lawyers in California receive the Rising Star recognition.
- Successfully litigated case resulting in termination of more than $100,000 in annual income to other parent who was willfully unemployed and a substantial award of support arrears in client’s favor
- Successfully obtained restraining orders on behalf of clients to help protect them from perpetrators of domestic violence.
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Mentee
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Program Graduate, Deposition Skills and Building Trial Skills
University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2006
University of California at Los Angeles, B.A. Psychology and Diversified Liberal Arts, 2002
Certified Family Law Specialist, certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization